Translate

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

heraklion by night

Here I go again about Heraklion. I can't help it, such major improvements have been made to the city that I thing it deserves a visit both day and night. If you are staying on the island of Crete pay a visit to it's main city. These snaps where taken on a Sunday evening along the port road, which has been re-developed.
I always wonder about parents on holiday, and entertaining children, in the evening, apart from tavernas and bar/pubs, there isn't much entertainment for children. Well Mythos Land is always a success with my boys.
It is a kind of mini attraction park. One of the reasons that I like this place for my children is that most of the attractions involve physical activity. There are trampolines, climbing frames, inflatable slides, all sorts of fun action games that get children motivated and active.
In Greece because of the heat these places are busy during the evening when it is cooler. It is quite normal for the place to be swarming with families at 11pm. With a cool breeze coming from the sea and lots of seating and coffee facilities for parents, it makes an interesting change.

If you contine

No comments: