Translate

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

heraklion by night 2

Again, this is somewhere that during the summer is better visited at night. It is once again on the port road in Heraklion exactly opposite the sea. It is a cinema complex/shopping center with lots of coffee shops and restraunts.
The Talos centre is a great place to sit drinking your coffee and people watch. If you really want to see modern life in Greece then this is a great place.
I think that alot of people are put off leaving their holiday resorts, in case they have a problem with language. Let me tell you, I don't know anyone in Greece who doesn't speak English. All young adults and shop workers have at least one extra language, the most two, usually English and German, or French.
Basically, what I am saying is if you visit Crete, take a trip to Heraklion in the evening, it is really beautiful.
Eating out in Heraklion is also a must. There are some great restraunts in the centre and again along the port road close to the harbour. You can choose from ouzary's which offer many traditional fresh fish and vegatable delicacies, to some really top quality restraunts.
My favorite place to eat so far this year is The Bar on the port road. There I ordered rocket and salmon salad followed by spaggetti with truffle sauce, and for dessert chocolate souffle. My friend had steak with pepper and jack daniels sauce and rocket, pear,pommegranite and parmesan salad, along with a good bottle of white wine our bill came to 57 euros. Not bad I think.

No comments: